The whole process from start to finish is carefully planned this ensures that each and every loft conversion is carried out with as little disruption as possible.
All work carried out as per approval set of plans and calculations.
We will carry out a full risk assessment of your project prior to works starting.
Will be erected on any elevation that is required safe and efficient working throughout your project
2 – WASTE REMOVAL
A skip will be sited and any relevant permits applied for
3 – ACCESS
An entrance way to your loft space will be installed (normally to the front elevation) All materials and access to your loft will be through this route untill the stairs are fitted in the final stages of your project. This minimizes the impact of the works to you whilst your project is under construction
4 – CLEARING YOUR LOFT
It is assumed that you will have cleared your loft space ready for your project being carried out
5 – CONCRETE BEARINGS
Will be installed in the correct position for bearing of the steel beams
6 – TEMPORARY PLUMBING
Plumbing will be temporarily altered ready for the work to take place
7 – STEEL BEAMS
Steel beams work will be installed as necessary and in accordance with the approved plans and calculations
8 – FLOOR JOISTS
Soft wood floor joists are dropped between ceiling joists where possible, to maximize headroom
9 – INSULATION
The insulation will now be installed as necessary and in accordance with the approved set of plans and calculations
10 – STAIRCASE
The design and construction of your staircase will now be started
11 – FLOOR COVERING
The floor will now be laid in accordance with the set of plans and calculations. This is normally a tongue and grooved flooring grade chip board.
There are various options with flooring material that can be priced if required
12 – 1ST FIX PLUMBING
First fix pipe work is installed to the pre-approved positions.
1) Existing boiler. It is assumed that the plumbing will run off your existing central heating/services.
2) New boiler. The option of upgrading your central heating/services can be explored prior to the work commencing or at time of works if found necessary. Pipe work will be run to shower/bathroom and radiators if these are included in your project
13 – 1ST FIX ELECTRICS
First fix electrical work is installed now to pre-approved positions. Cabling will be installed for your lighting and sockets. The position of any switches and sockets will be approved with you prior to installation.
1) Existing consumer unit. It is assumed that the electrics will run off your existing consumer unit.
2) New mini consumer. The option of upgrading your consumer unit can be explored prior to the work commencing or at time of works if found necessary
14 – THE DORMER
The construction of the Dormer will now be completed; there are two types of Dormer.
1) Flat roof Dormer.
2) Pitched roof Dormer
15 – THE GABLE
The construction of the Gable will now be complete
16 – ROOF STRUCTURE
Alteration of the roof structure will now be completed
17 – WINDOWS
The fitting of windows will now be completed.
1) Velux roof windows are fitted to the roof slopes.
2) Pvc windows for low maintenance are normally fitted to the Dormer/Gable walls
18 – ROOF COVERINGS
The roof covering to your roof will now be installed.
1) Existing roof, it is assumed that the existing roof tiles/slates are to remain where possible.
We will advise you of any defects with your existing roof, fascia and gutters at the time of works if any are found. The cost of remedying will be seperate to the main contract and agreed at the time of works
19 – PLASTER BOARDING
The walls and ceilings will now be plaster boarded as necessary in accordance with the approved set of plans and calculations
20 – CEILING ALTERATION
The alteration of the existing ceiling now takes place to enable the stairs to be fitted.
Any dust or inconvenience at this stage will be kept to a minimum
21 – STAIR FITTING
The stairs are now fitted
22 – INTERNAL WALLS
Internal walls will now be installed.
1) Bedroom walls.
2) Shower/bathroom walls.
3) Hallway walls.
4) Party wall.
5) Under eaves access
23 – 2nd Fix carpentry
Second fix carpentry work is now completed to the skirtings.architraves and doors to match existing as closely as possible unless otherwise requested
24 – PLASTERING
The newly created rooms are now plastered ready for finishing
25 – 2ND FIX PLUMBING
Final plumbing work is now carried out to the pre-approved positions which will include the following:
2) Shower/bathrooms sanitary ware to shower/bathrooms if your project has this incorporated in it.
*Please note sanitary ware is to be purchased by yourselves as there are many choices available. This allows you to tailor your bathroom to your individual tastes
26 – FINAL ELECTRICS WORK
Final electrical work is now completed and tested which will include the following:
1) Smoke detectors, the fitting of smoke detectors to all levels as required under the building regulations.
2) Fan: A fan is fitted to the shower/bathroom if your project has this incorporated in it.
3) Stair lighting: staircases will automatically be fitted with two way lighting with a switch at the top and bottom of the new staircase.
27 – TILING
Tiling of shower/bathrooms can now be completed. However this is not an item that is included as standard as there are many different schemes to choose from. We will happily price for this item if required
28 – DECORATION
The decoration can now be completed. However this is not an item that is included as standard as there are many different schemes to choose from, we will happily price for this item
29 – FINAL CLEAN
The loft conversion, guttering and windows will now be cleaned
30 – FINAL INSPECTION
The local authority inspector will be contracted to give their final approval that all works have been completed as per approved sat of plans and calculations, we will apply for a completion certificate from your local authority that will be supplied to you in due course
31 – SCAFFOLD REMOVAL
The scaffold and skip will now be removed